In the integrated curriculum of WSU’s School of the Environment, you will explore and understand the Earth’s physical and environmental processes. Along the way, you’ll have unbeatable opportunities to experience the latest science and technology. With WSU professors as your mentors, you can even conduct your own research.
Your Experience in Earth Science
- Get hands-on experience in science labs and teaching programs like the GeoAnalytical Laboratory, Astrobiology Laboratory & Computational Geodynamic Laboratory
- Work closely with professors who are nationally recognized experts in topics such as:
- Geochemistry of large volcanic eruptions
- Hydrothermal systems
- Chemical and physical evolution of the Earth
- Study at nearby field sites like the Columbia River Basalt plateau, Idaho and Wallowa batholiths, Cascade volcanos, and local groundwater sources
- Expand your experience through the department’s close ties to the Department of Geology at nearby University of Idaho
The Geology Club provides the opportunity for students who are interested in geological sciences to learn local & regional geology, to interact among students, faculty, and industry leaders, and to involve relationship development among students, faculty and members of the community.
Activities include field trips, attending lectures/seminars of interest, scientific demonstrations and Rock & Mineral Sale during the Dad’s and Mom’s Weekends, and monthly club meeting.
If you are interested in joining the Geology Club, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.